Monday, August 17, 2009

Alexandra Gershman


I am dumbfounded by how someone who could look like this be so shy about having her photo taken, but Alexandra is refreshingly modest. Over the years she has quietly developed a resume to die for in design and photography. She has shot for MTV, Paper Magazine and Nylon Magazine, and her design clients include Tom Ford, Calvin Klein, and Bulgari. She worked on staff for Spin/Vibe Magazines, Paper Magazine, Nylon Magazine and Elle Magazine in a multitude of creative operations and divisions, including fashion, web design and management. Very impressive, to say the least.

What do you do for a living?
I am the senior designer at Createthe Group http://www.createthegroup.com. I design websites for luxury brands.

Where are you from originally?
Los Angeles, California

Unusual talent?
I really wish I had one. I would be a lot more interesting if I did.

Favorite drink?
Jasmine Tea’s Tea.

Favorite quote?
(Currently, this is my favorite) “If you love me as much as I love you and we agree that our general goal is the same, for the best possible thing to happen at any moment, then my faith in you and your methods is beyond question.” – Wild Yaks

If you had to marry either Carrot Top, Danny Bonaduce or Flavor Flav, who would you marry and why?
Flavor Flav, cause he’s got so much flav.

Favorite shade of lipstick or other beauty product?
Rosebud lip balm.

Favorite candy?
Red Vines.

Favorite restaurant?
Il Bucco.

Say you are making yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Do you cut away the crust or eat it all?
Eat it all. I love crust.

Name something that you think is overrated.
“IT” Girls and cupcakes.

Name something that you think is underrated.
Loyalty.

Favorite sound.
The Ocean.

Favorite smell.
The Ocean.

Favorite fashion designer?
Alison Lewis, Maison Martin Margiela. Coco Chanel. Alber Elbaz. Alexander Wang. Maria Cornejo. Judi Rosen.

What is your most treasured physical possession?
My camera and a picture of my God Mother, Dee Dee.

Favorite color?
White.

Whose website would you love to redesign?
Christian Louboutin’s http://www.christianlouboutin.com/ though I sort of love how ridiculous it is so I probably wouldn’t do too much. Anyone who uses walking shoes on their site is someone I’d love to work with!

What is the craziest/scariest thing that you have either done or has happened to you?
9/11

Name a bad habit.
Smoking, but I quit 4 years ago.

Name a recent happy moment.
This morning with Jon.

Do you have a crush on an unusual person?
Jeremy Irons - is that unusual?

Favorite book?
Dave Eggers’s You Shall Know Our Velocity. Haruki Murakami’s Norwegian Wood. And all of Raymond Carver’s short stories.

Whose personal style do you admire?
Angelica Huston’s in the 70’s.

What websites or blogs do you stalk?
Ffffound -- but I still can’t get invited!

Name a movie that you hate.
27 Dresses.

What is your favorite store?
Daryl K and Opening Ceremony (RIP The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly – that used to be my favorite.)

To see Alexandra's extensive portfolio visit www.alexandragershman.com and check out her beautifully art directed blog Into the Badlands.
Here are some of her photographs:

From the Lewis look book featuring Spacey Tracey, above.


And her web design:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...