Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Brooke Nipar


If you are out on the town and you see a gal with a fierce black bob and mile long gams wearing a camera around her neck, that is probably Brooke Nipar you have spotted. I had the pleasure of working on one of my favorite shoots with her for Missbehave and have been planning my next Brooke time since. I can't get enough of her work.
P.S. Fun facts-While she was on a cover shoot set in Los Angeles with Katy Perry, Katy saw Brooke and decided to have her hair cut (immediately, on set) into the "Brooke bob" as well. And jewelry designer Jules of Bijules created a necklace inspired by Brooke-you have to check THIS out!

What do you do for a living? I'm a photographer.
Are you superstitious? Yes.
What is your meal of choice from Baja Fresh? Bean and Cheese burrito (with pinto beans) the red hot sauce and a Coke.
What was it like working with Amy Whinehouse? Definitely goes down in my personal history as one of the more memorable shoots I've done.
Kanye West featured your work on his blog. What blogs/sites do you frequent? LastNightsParty, TrendLand, ChrissieAbbot, COACD, KennethCappello, Discobelle, NicolaFormichetti
What is your favorite lipstick color? Schiap by Nars.
Ever been in a haunted house? Yes.
If you could be a part of any band or group, who would it be with? The Kills.
What were you obsessed with as a kid? Riding horses. I was a 3-Day Eventer my entire childhood.
Name something that is underrated. Thai Chili Rice Crackers. My favorite snack.
Name something that is overrated. Twitter.
Do you like horror movies? No.
What is your favorite item of clothing in your closet? My vintage black leather motorcycle jacket.
What is your favorite ride at Disneyland? Space Mountain.
How many pairs of shoes do you own? Somewhere between 45-50 pairs.
How many pairs of jeans do you own? 22 (I actually counted!)
Who are you dying to photograph? Karen O.
What is your favorite book? Norwegian Wood.
What is your current nail polish color? Vendetta by Chanel.
I am going to order you a pizza. What kind do you prefer? Truffled Pizza from Groupo or "The Night Tripper" from Two Boots
Do you want to have kids? I think so...
Do you have any nicknames? Not really. Always wanted one though.
What is your favorite 90's song? I LOVED the music in the 90's. Impossible for me to pick just one.
What are you usually doing on a Friday night? Drinking wine with my girl friends and avoiding the crowds in the L.E.S.
Do you like Billy Ocean songs? No.
How are you going to spend the rest of your summer? Working and hanging with my friends. Hoping to go to Hawaii in September!

To see Brooke's portfolio visit www.brookenipar.com



This shoot with model Sarah Seewer I styled, above!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...