Sunday, September 6, 2009


It's always such a disappointment for me when summer comes to an end. Being from Southern Cali I am way more of a Spring/Summer person and I hate wearing wool and even cashmere is itchy to me. It took me years to get used to dressing properly for NYC winters. I walked from my dorm to the classroom in flip flops in the snow sometimes. And I still won't wear any type of scarf unless I really have to.
Last week I was able to surprise my sister Rebecca in Manhattan Beach, California and that was great. I will write about that shortly as my sister is an incredible athlete. And the day before I was in San Diego frolicking in the sand and surf and I stuck out like a sore thumb because I wore a long sleeved t-shirt in the ocean. Why? Pure vanity. I didn't want my bright red rose tattoos on my back to fade from the sun. I go to extremes with that. I also ate it big time from the powerful waves breaking close to shore. Knocked me off my feet. After I was able to get up from being dragged across the sand I looked behind me to see my sister Sarah being concerned and having a good laugh.

Carmen Kass in Numero, photographed by Hans Feurer and styled by Samuel Francois.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, I waited to make sure you were ok. sheesh. don't tag me as an insensitive witch.

and at least you weren't the only one wiping out down there.

rachel gilman said...

i changed the wording in case anyone truly thinks that i am calling you insensitve. i like to tease and not everyone knows this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...