Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Allison Miller


I met Allison Miller years ago when we were assisting two different stylists in the same office at the London Terrace. She went on to become the Fashion Director for Missbehave magazine, where she styled Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen and a ton of bright, eclectic editorials. These days on top of styling, she has her hands full as she is mom to three year old Warren. (As hectic as that sounds, I don't think I have ever seen her stressed...)

What do you do for a living? I try

Where are you from originally? Maryland

Favorite drink. Margarita or anything else involving tequila & lime

Favorite quote. “Never go to bed mad… stay up and fight!” –Phyllis Diller

Favorite shade of lipstick or other beauty product: Sunscreen

According to www.thehipstermom.com, you throw a mean birthday party for little boys. Please explain. Oh, um, I just focused on the 3 favorite characters of toddler boys: Thomas (the tank engine), Lightning McQueen, and Sponge Bob.

Favorite painter(s). Picasso, Miro, Dali, Basquiat, Pollock, Harring, Warhol, Murakami, Kaws, Barry McGee, Neckface, and I always enjoy a Chico mural.

Favorite author. Hunter S. Thompson

Favorite article of clothing. I really love leather jackets

Name a bad habit.. smoking is bad- I don’t smoke- anymore

Favorite vacation spot. Gotland, Sweden

Favorite shop(s) in NYC. There’s something about these sensory overload type places like- Pearl Paint, Ricky’s, Beacon’s Closet, Century 21- that can be very inspiring but also cause panic attacks (Editor's note-Agreed, Allison-you have to make me go to Century 21, there is no way I will go there voluntarily...)

Favorite animal. hmmm, I’m allergic to cats & dogs, so I’ll have to go with my favorite animal to fear: sharks

Favorite cause or charity group. www.saveourenvoronment.org (on this site you can send a message to Congress to support the Clean Energy Bill- very important).

Favorite museum. I’ve only been there once, but was really impressed by the Centre Pompidou in Paris

Proudest accomplishment. Lasting in NY for 10 years and counting

What is the most insane thing that has ever happened to you? giving birth

Cheers, Allison!
To see Allison's styling porfolio visit www.allisonmillerstylist.com. Some of my faves:


Photographed by Ryan Michael Kelly

Photographed by Reed +Rader.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...