Friday, January 2, 2009

Rose-Marie Swift


Makeup by Rose-Marie Swift, image by Glen Luchford

Recently makeup artist Rose-Marie Swift (www.streeters.com) successfully encouraged me (oh who are we kidding here, I am a hypochondriac and I was scared straight )to stop drinking soda, and to drink green tea instead. Every time she saw me drinking diet coke on set she would tell me about how the aluminum cans contain harmful chemicals that you drink that can cause horrors such as osteoporosis. I hated all teas but then I just started to crave it once I tried it so I am always at Milk requesting green tea at their bar. I drink it bare, w/o any sugar.

Anyhow, she is a highly educated authority on organic makeup and pretty much anything chemical related that we all use in our daily lives. Her website is very informative: www.beautytruth.net. If you check it out you will learn about what chemicals to avoid in your beauty products. She also just officially launched her own makeup line- www.rmsbeauty.com.

The chemicals in our products are frightening. So here is another good website to educate yourself with: www.cosmeticsdatabase.com.
At Sephora I am only interested in Josie Maran's line or the new Cargo paraben free collection. Bare Escentials contains Bismuth Oxychloride which is an irritant and nanotechnology so I avoid that line even though it is so hyped to be "natural."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...