Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shandi Alexander


This is Shandi in the middle, flanked by her sisters on her birthday. Fresh from assisting her glamorous tush off for years for Bill Mullen, she is set for great things. Oh and she knows shoes. She was Christian Louboutin's press director when I first met her. But most importantly, she is super cool and gracious and I learned all kinds of interesting things about her. Read on, Daniel-san...

What do you do for a living? I'm a fashion stylist on the outside but a Flamenco dancer on the inside.
Any unusual talents? I can dance Flamenco in 5 inch Louboutin stilettos. I'm fluent in Japanese.
Favorite drink? Champagne
The NYC Spring 2010 fashion shows just ended. Which collection(s) did you most admire? Gosh I know its so unoriginal but Marc Jacobs because he is always consistently original. I'm a huge fan of Boudicca and Ohne Titel.
Any phobias? MICE, a dream deferred
Favorite quote? live like there's no tomorrow, love like you've never been hurt and dance like nobody's watching
What has been your favorite traveling experience for work so far? Copenhagen for the city, Islamorada for the amazing fun time with the crew.
And the worst? Scotland..black pudding..yuck!
What do you think of first when I mention the name Geraldo Rivera? Conservative, Self-loathing, jack ass
Are you ticklish? Yes!
What is your all time favorite song? This is an impossible question, one??? If you leave, by OMD. Because I felt like I lived in a John Hughes movie growing up.
What is your favorite color? Navy or grey.
What are you addicted to? Shoes
Do you have any nicknames? Shun
Favorite type of bread? Some super coarse whole grain or flax seed or any of those laxative types
Favorite game on the Price is Right? Huh?
Favorite viral video? First of all had to google viral video, but the baby dancing to Beyonce is pretty funny
Which is your favorite pair of christian louboutin shoes? My purple suede with red stitching boot named after me,the "Shandi" boot of course. (Editor's note: I demanded an image and here is the Shandi boot in another color:
What fashion trend should be banished off the face of the earth? Bubble skirts, yuck and the gratuitous use of leggings.
What is your favorite charity or cause? I volunteer with NY cares, but I like most the projects that involve young women.
Have you ever gone camping? I was a camp fire girl and worked for the Colorado Division of Wildlife in college.
What is your favorite lotion? Shea Butter
Favorite nail polish color? Cherry Red
What was living in Spain for a month like? Do you wish that you could have stayed longer? Me Gusta Mucha! It was so refreshing to be in a place where life was the priority...family, friends, food, romance. If I had a trust fund I would stay until I was fluent in Spanish and an expert Flamenco dancer, or until I couldn't stand the heat and mayonnaise smothered food anymore.
When do I get to see you perform the Flamenco? Uh its still a work in progress.
Which is your favorite Willy Wonka character? Hmm Johnny Depp, is that a character?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...