Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jack Lemmon.




(Never thought that I would be posting about this one on a Sunday afternoon. ) Yes well I bought The China Syndrome at Duane Reade last night for ten bucks plus a bag of Cracker Jacks and set up for a comfy night and put the dvd into my computer...
But before I continue about that, I must mention that years ago (1998 actually) actor Ving Rhames won a golden globe and called up Jack Lemmon to the stage and insisted that Lemmon keep the golden globe for himself as Ving decided to give an impromptu tribute to an actor that he intensly admired and thought to be more deserving. I never fully realized why he did this until I saw the dvd last night.
Let's face it, actors aren't curing eczema, or even hay fever, but I do know an incredible performance, hell, an astounding performance when I see one. One that is worthy of all kinds of applause, accolades and the like. The range (even in it's sometimes subtlety) that Jack Lemmon gives in his role as a Nuclear Power plant head worker puts 99% of those we watch in movies and on tv to shame. Now I get it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...